Apply for Funding OnlineEligibility
We review only one request per calendar year from organizations. Previous grant recipients must complete a final grant report prior to submitting a new request.
We award grants to:
- Charitable, nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations classified as 501 (c) (3) by the Internal Revenue Service or those with a qualifying equivalent status
- Organizations based in Oregon and serving Oregonians with priority to organizations located in counties where PGE has customers and power-generating plants
- Organizations, programs and services that are aligned with one or more of the three focus areas of giving by the PGE Foundation, with special emphasis on education programs and support services that prepare Oregonians to be ready for life
- Organizations that comply with our non discrimination policy (see below)
We extend a higher level of consideration to grant applications that are:
- Submitted by organizations operating collaboratively or in partnership with other nonprofits or agencies
- Designed with measurable objectives and pre-defined metrics
- Bridge grants, debt retirement or operational deficits
- Endowment funds
- General fund drives or annual appeals
- Requests to support political entities, ballot measure campaigns or candidates for political office
- Requests from organizations that discriminate, in services provided and/or hiring practices, based on race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or color.
- Requests from fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations if the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents
- Any activities or organizations for which support would violate IRS regulations for private foundations
- Direct grants to individuals
- Travel expenses
- Conferences, symposiums, festivals, events, team sponsorships or user fees
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed a final grant report
- Capital expenses to purchase vehicles, office furniture, computers, etc.
Back to top
How to apply
Please note: We do not accept paper or email Letters of Inquiry.
Grant requests consist of two steps, both of which are submitted online:
- Letter of Inquiry (open to all who qualify).
- Full Application (completed at the invitation of the PGE Foundation, following review of the Letter of Inquiry).
In 2015, the PGE Foundation will award grants at three board meetings, in February, May and September. Letter of Inquiry submission deadline has passed for February board consideration.
2015 deadlines for submitting Letters of Inquiry
- Feb. 13 (for May board consideration)
- May 1 (for September board consideration)
- Nov. 20 (for February, 2016 board consideration)
If you have questions about how to apply for a grant, please contact us.
Back to top
Apply online now»